Outfit Retopology and Unwrapping

Outfit Retopology and Unwrapping



After getting the base skin texture done for Jekyll, I moved on to finalising the low poly clothing and boots and then unwrapping and packing them.

As I had already done most of the low poly work on the clothes from earlier, I just had to go and tweak some points and add a few cuts in places to make sure that it baked well.

For the boots, I used 3DS Max's Freeform tools to create the low poly model. As for the laces, I decided that the bulk of them I would use flat geometry as they are barely visable from a distance and it saved a lot of Tris.




As it stands, the Tri count for the whole outfit is at 18,623 Tris.




I divided the UVs up into 3 texture sets as it was too much to pack into one and this way I had more control over what resolution I wanted each set to be. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morph Target Practice

Transformation Animation - Unreal Engine

Tertiary and Micro Details