Final Year Project Idea


Final Year Project Idea


For this 12 week project I intend to produce a full game-ready, realistic character implemented in Unreal engine 4 using the PBR pipeline. The inspiration of my piece will be taken from Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde as I aim to produce a character who changes their features into something beastly.





















My main inspirations for this piece so far are examples such as 'The Order: 1886' Lycan transformation, 'The Wolfman'(2010) VFX breakdown and the real-time werewolf transformation by YOSUKE ISHIKAWA

Although a lot of my inspirations come from werewolf transformations, I aim to stray away from making Lycan or Werewolf features and try to make something more unique. To achieve this, I have gathered a variety of creature and deformed human-like artwork and images to be influenced by.

By researching into myths and folklore I am able to find a broad range of inspiration, one example being a Wendigo - a gaunt, emaciated, deformed, cannibalistic, supernatural being.

Examples of Wendigos below:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morph Target Practice

Tertiary and Micro Details

Transformation Animation - Animating in 3ds Max