Research, Reference and Preliminary Ideas


Research, Reference and Preliminary Ideas



As a starting point for this project, I gathered images and references to collate into moodboards of both Man and Creature, which I'll refer to as Jekyll and Hyde respectively.

I decided to explore the design of Jekyll first of all as I needed to clarify what he would look like and wear in order to inform the rest of the decisions after that.

I already had a rough idea of what I wanted Jekyll to look like so I explored people and faces similar to what I wanted to strengthen my idea.




I intend to use the Victorian era as a guide when creating Jekyll and his outfit so that I have a slight brief to work from and to stop me from branching out too much. I looked into a lot of the fashion from Victorian and Edwardian times for inspiration, and also games which take place in that era such as Dishonored, Assassin's Creed Syndicate and The Order: 1886.

As well as Google searches and Pinterest boards, I looked into books such as 'Victorian Dress In Photographs' (Ginsburg 1988) and 'Fashion For Men' (Marly 1985) to gather reference for clothing back in those days. Other good sources for inspiration I have found are catwalk and fashion shows as they flaunt a broad range of unique outfits.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morph Target Practice

Tertiary and Micro Details

Transformation Animation - Animating in 3ds Max